Current Opportunities (U.S.)
Director of Engineering
Lucas Systems, Inc. is the fastest-growing provider of mobile work execution solutions that enable retailers, wholesale distributors, and manufacturers to improve warehouse operations. Our software products provide a rapid return on investment for our customers by helping workers do their jobs more efficiently and accurately using real-time speech recognition software and other data capture technology running on mobile devices. Lucas software is used by Fortune 50 companies, large private distributors, and other industry leaders.
Founded in 1998, Lucas is a growing and consistently profitable organization with an expanding global presence. We offer a dynamic, collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial work environment and we continue to create opportunities for both personal and professional growth for high-performing individuals in both the US and UK.
- Mentor and grow the Applications Engineering group, a mid-size high-performing, distributed software engineering team.
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence within the engineering organization.
- Oversee staffing of multiple projects, balancing large- and small-scale projects.
- Champion and establish software discipline standards for the Applications group. Maximize quality, reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Optimize developer performance by driving efficient and effective Agile software development process.
- Drive the design decisions needed to achieve user-friendly, high-performance solutions.
- Reporting to the VP of Engineering, contribute to the creation of infrastructure and processes to support rapid organizational growth.
- Attract, develop and retain high performing individuals. Set goals to measure and evaluate performance.
- Produce and manage to all customer-facing engineering estimates.
- Establish project schedule and assign resources to projects.
- Work with cross-functional team (Sales, Tech Pre-Sale, Project Management, QA, etc.) throughout the customer engagement process.
- Maintain relationships with key customers.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years developing commercial software
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on technical leadership of software architects and engineers, delivering business-critical applications.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and hiring engineering teams.
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a team of engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build world class products using Agile/Scrum, or similar development best practices.
- Proven project management, relationship management and change management skills.
- Experience managing and executing complex operational and strategic initiatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent, with a focus on getting things done.
- Experience in leading distributed teams is highly desirable.
- Up to date with technology and industry best practices.
- Well-versed in object-oriented design and development; adapts easily to multiple frameworks and technologies.
- Experience with Voice/Speech recognition technology is a plus.
- Exposure to Warehousing/Distribution Applications is a plus.
- Ability to travel 10-15%.
Location: Wexford, PA
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Lucas Systems, Inc.
11279 Perry Highway, 4th Floor
Wexford, PA 15090
No phone calls or agencies please
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work hours
- Ten paid holidays
- Free parking
- Casual work attire
- Foosball, Ping Pong, Chess
- Catered Lunches and More
- Cash bonus for employee-referred hire
We’re proud to be in Pittsburgh, PA, a city that is consistently rated as one of the most livable places in the United States.