Current Opportunities (U.S.)
Senior Software Engineer
Would you like to collaborate with some of the brightest, most talented software engineers in Pittsburgh AND make a recognizable impact in a profitable, established and growing software solutions company? As a member of Lucas’ Engineering Team, you could be doing just that!
At Lucas, you will be responsible for: designing, developing, and supporting major components of Lucas’ software products. Technologies include software that runs on a variety of leading-edge mobile devices from Motorola, Intermec, Samsung, Google, and Honeywell.
The Senior Software Engineer will:
- Develop architecture diagrams and software specifications
- Develop prototypes for R&D evaluation
- Evaluate new software tools
- Design and Develop: software using MS Visual Studio and C#; database components and software; host interfaces using various transfer methods (e.g., socket, XML, FTP, etc.)
- Extend MS Windows services, IIS, and multi-threaded server and mobile client applications
- Debug and tune applications using Visual Studio, Profiler, and various in-house tools
- Assist Lucas’ software services/support team with troubleshooting, fixes and enhancements for existing client deployments
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline together with at least five (5) years of previous software engineering experience.
- Object-oriented programming (preferably C#) and database skills (preferably SQL Server).
- Commitment to producing high quality, well-designed and flexible applications.
- Solid troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Dedication to collaborative working style and desire to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Valued Experience:
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) or other supply chain software solutions; systems that include mobile devices; Android development.
Location: Wexford, PA
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucas Systems, Inc.
11279 Perry Highway, 4th Floor
Wexford, PA 15090
No phone calls or agencies please
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work hours
- Ten paid holidays
- Free parking
- Casual work attire
- Foosball, Ping Pong, Chess
- Catered Lunches and More
- Cash bonus for employee-referred hire
We’re proud to be in Pittsburgh, PA, a city that is consistently rated as one of the most livable places in the United States.