The Future of Warehouse Work
Machine learning and AI are expected to have a growing role in warehouse operations over the next ﬁve years. This paper is intended to help operations, engineering and IT executives understand what they need to know about this emerging technology, and how it may be used in the near future to improve DC planning and operations.
Why AI and Machine Learning?
Implementing machine learning and AI-based approaches to warehouse operations will help optimize workflows and give management teams more time to focus on process improvement and optimization strategies.
Table of Contents
- Why Artificial Intelligence
- Faster Computers
- Cheaper Data Storage
- More Data
- AI and Machine Learning in Layman’s Terms
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning Finds Meaning in IoT Data
- Operational Insights
- How Machine Learning Changes DC Planning and Management
- Engineered Standards vs. Machine Learning
- Machine Learning Will Not Replace Managers and Engineers
- The Benefits of Machine Learning for Warehouse Management
- Better Accuracy
- Faster & Less Cost To Implement
- Flexibility & Adaptability