Making Warehouse Managers More Effective Through Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
What You’ll Learn
The concept of Artiﬁcial Intelligence (AI) has been around since the 1950s, but the use of AI to improve warehouse and DC operations is still in its infancy. Nevertheless, AI is expected to have a growing role in warehouse management over the next ﬁve years. This paper is intended to help operations, engineering and IT executives understand what they need to know about this emerging technology, and how it may be used in the near future to improve DC planning and operations.
Table of Contents
- Why Artificial Intelligence
- AI and Machine Learning in Layman’s Terms
- Machine Learning Finds Meaning in IoT Data
- How Machine Learning Changes DC Planning and Management
- Why Machine Learning Will Not Replace Managers and Engineers
- The Benefits of Machine Learning for Warehouse Management
- Better Accuracy
- Faster & Less Cost To Implement
- Flexibility & Adaptability
“If anyone is looking to keep their current system of record for inventory, the Lucas solutions lets you do that. We got 70% of what we wanted in a new WMS with Lucas, but at 1/8 of the cost.”
“In less than two weeks we had the whole warehouse up and running. This was the smoothest implementation of any technology I have been involved with in my 28 years."
“You rarely implement a new system and have users tell you ‘It’s made my life so much easier.‘ Making the process better for associates makes them more productive. And that’s better for the business.”