Perfect Order Webinar Series
Reducing DC Travel With Robots And Digital Automation
View A Replay of This Webinar Recorded on June 18, 2019.
Fill out the form below to view a replay of this fast paced 20-minute presentation (followed by Q&A) that described new technologies to reduce DC travel and optimize the work of humans and warehouse robots.
Overview: Automation Solutions To Address The DC Travel Challenge
The majority of today’s warehouse robots focus on eliminating or reducing human travel, but many picking processes (and most inbound tasks) are not appropriate for robots using today’s technology. For these tasks, DCs are turning to new forms of ‘digital automation’ to reduce travel and optimize productivity. These same digital technologies can also be applied to minimize travel for people working alongside robots.
- Process Approaches To Reducing Travel: Zoning, Batching, Two-Stage Picking
- Digital Automation For Process Optimization: Work, Batch, and Pick Path Optimization
- Three Types of Cobots: Goods-to-Person, Transport, Swarming
- Digital Automation For Cobot Systems
- Justin Ritter, Director Project Engineering
- Ron May, Senior Solutions Consultant