Perfect Order Webinar Series
Robots and Humans Working In Harmony In The DC
Tuesday, June 5th | 1:00 PM EST
Join us for a 20-minute presentation (followed by Q&A) focused on new forms of robot-human collaboration in the Distribution Center.
More and more DCs are investing in robotics as a means to alleviate their labor challenges. In addition to fully automating certain repetitive tasks, robots are increasingly finding a place working alongside human workers. Rather than replacing workers, many of these new robots are taking the place of conveyor and other traditional forms of material handling automation. They are reducing worker travel (non-productive time) and thereby boosting productivity. These new collaborative robots – cobots – change the nature of picking and other processes, forcing DCs to change how they organize and coordinate the work performed by humans and their robotic helpers. Optimizing these human-robotic processes is critical to scaling these activities and achieving maximum efficiency.
This twenty-minute webinar will explore the key logistical challenges of integrating robots in a traditional picking operation.
- Forms and functions for robots in the DC
- “Cobots” vs. traditional material handling automation
- Finding the balance between robots and humans in an existing operation
- Optimizing work execution across humans and machines
- Krishna Venkatasamy, Lucas Systems CTO
- Dave Cole, Senior Solutions Consultant