Perfect Order Webinar Series
Reducing DC Travel With Robots And Digital Automation
Tuesday, June 18, 2019. 1:00 PM US Eastern Time (18:00 GMT)
Join us for this fast paced 20-minute presentation (followed by Q&A) that will describe new technologies to reduce DC travel and optimize the work of humans and warehouse robots.
Overview: Automation Solutions To Address The DC Travel Challenge
The majority of today’s warehouse robots focus on eliminating or reducing human travel, but many picking processes (and most inbound tasks) are not appropriate for robots using today’s technology. For these tasks, DCs are turning to new forms of ‘digital automation’ to reduce travel and optimize productivity. These same digital technologies can also be applied to minimize travel for people working alongside robots.
This twenty-minute webinar will describe how digital automation technologies are reducing travel in traditional, non-automated DCs, and outline the potential for these same tools to optimize “cobotic” picking systems.
- Process Approaches To Reducing Travel: Zoning, Batching, Two-Stage Picking
- Digital Automation For Process Optimization: Work, Batch, and Pick Path Optimization
- Three Types of Cobots: Goods-to-Person, Transport, Swarming
- Digital Automation For Cobot Systems
- Justin Ritter, Director Project Engineering
- Ron May, Senior Solutions Consultant
When and Where
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- 1:00 pm US ET (18:00 GMT)
- Online via Webex
- Can’t make it? No problem – register for the live event and we will send you a link to the replay!