The Looming DC Labor Crisis and
The Role of Digital Automation
Monday, August 28, 2017 | 1:00 PM EST
Distribution centers of all stripes face growing labor challenges, including rising wages and intense competition amid a building boom of new DCs. While investments in robotics and other types of material handling automation may one day alleviate the labor crunch, in the short term there is a growing demand for hourly warehouse employees and a need to get more out of the existing workforce, even in highly automated facilities.
To meet the challenge, many DCs are turning to artificial intelligence and other forms of digital automation. These digital tools complement the physical automation systems taking hold now, and they are equally applicable in DCs with little automation in place today.
Join us on Monday, August 28th at 1:00 PM EST, to learn how artificial intelligence, mathematical modeling, and other types of digital automation can help you address today’s key labor challenges, from onboarding seasonal employees to optimizing picking productivity amid changing shipping demands and order types.
This Webinar Will Cover:
- Real-time modeling tools for pick-path optimization to reduce employee travel
- Machine learning tools to improve labor planning and utilization
- “Smart” applications and augmented reality to minimize training and accelerate learning curves for DC associates
- Ron Kubera, Lucas Systems EVP & CMO
- Dave Cole, Lucas Systems Principal Application Consultant