A Framework For Evaluating Voice Picking Systems For Use In Warehouses or Distribution Centers
What You’ll Learn
1) Determine whether voice is appropriate for your warehouse and see who is using voice today.
2) Understand the key benefits and features of voice solutions
3) Evaluate voice picking hardware options.
4) Learn how voice technology integrates with WMS and other systems.
5) Understand system pricing and implementation costs.
Table of Contents
- Voice Picking 101: What is Voice Picking
- Beyond Voice and Beyond Picking
- Benefits of Voice
- What Industries Use Voice
- How to Decide if Voice is Right for You
- Software Systems Related to Voice Picking
- Basic Voice Features
- Human v. Synthesized Voice Direction
- Speech Recognition Technology
- Multimodal Support
- Voice Hardware
- Key Voice Software Features
- Multi-Level User Modes
- Verification Methods
- User Navigation and Help
- Management and Visibility Tools
- Deployment Options
- Pricing and Associated Costs
- Traditional Software Licensing
- SaaS-based Pricing
- Transaction-based Pricing
- Other Associated Costs
- More Information and Resources
“If anyone is looking to keep their current system of record for inventory, the Lucas solutions lets you do that. We got 70% of what we wanted in a new WMS with Lucas, but at 1/8 of the cost.”
“In less than two weeks we had the whole warehouse up and running. This was the smoothest implementation of any technology I have been involved with in my 28 years."
“You rarely implement a new system and have users tell you ‘It’s made my life so much easier.‘ Making the process better for associates makes them more productive. And that’s better for the business.”