Get Access To Our Past Webinars
The Lucas Perfect Webinar Series provides insights into the latest strategies and technologies for improving warehouse management and operations.
Gain access to information including:
These tools use a variety of web and cloud-based reporting and artificial intelligence tools to give executives and front-line managers data-driven insights they need to plan and manage all facets of operations, from inventory and workforce planning to predictive slotting and beyond. Best of all, DCs don’t need a team of in-house data analysts to create custom reports or an army of consultants to develop static decision-support models.
This twenty-minute webinar will describe the four types of analytics, the difference between today’s analytics compared to traditional WMS or ERP reporting, machine learning’s use of historical and how the cloud brings these tools in reach for all DCs.
• The four types of analytics: descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive.
• What is different about today’s analytics compared to traditional WMS or ERP reporting.
• How machine learning can use historical data to take the guesswork out of operational planning.
• How the cloud brings these new tools within reach of big and small DCs alike.
The majority of today’s warehouse robots focus on eliminating or reducing human travel, but many picking processes (and most inbound tasks) are not appropriate for robots using today’s technology. For these tasks, DCs are turning to new forms of ‘digital automation’ to reduce travel and optimize productivity. These same digital technologies can also be applied to minimize travel for people working alongside robots.
This twenty-minute webinar will describe how digital automation technologies are reducing travel in traditional, non-automated DCs, and outline the potential for these same tools to optimize “cobotic” picking systems.
- Process Approaches To Reducing Travel: Zoning, Batching, Two-Stage Picking
- Digital Automation For Process Optimization: Work, Batch, and Pick Path Optimization
- Three Types of Cobots: Goods-to-Person, Transport, Swarming
- Digital Automation For Cobot Systems
This 20-minute webinar focuses on ways to improve picking and other DC workflows without changing or customizing your WMS. We discuss specific examples of how Mobile Work Execution can fill gaps in your existing system. This approach preserves and extends the value of your WMS while providing the flexibility and efficiency you need to meet changing business and operational demands. Access the replay by filling out the form below.
- Eliminate wasted time from picking processes
- Optimize labor utilization by improving order flow
Seasonal shipping peaks require DCs to recruit, hire and onboard large numbers of temporary workers, typically in a very short period of time. Temporary staffing brings a number of challenges, including lost time and productivity for supervisors, team leads and coworkers. Moreover, companies relying on temporary workers often see a spike in picking errors at the very time of the year when fulfillment accuracy is everything.
What You Will Learn
- Reduce training and on-boarding time for permanent and temporary staff
- Get new workers up to standard picking rates in days
- Adapt picking processes to improve accuracy among temporary workers
- Give supervisors and managers tools to proactively address accuracy and productivity issues
This 20 minute webinar will take a look at the changing hardware market. There is an evolution of solutions from wireless headsets, barcode scanners, smartwatches, smart glasses and wearable RFID readers.
The market is also shifting to android devices (smartphone, tablets, touch computers, traditional handhelds etc.).
We will help you evaluate your options by giving you a few things to consider when investing in both hardware and software for your DC.
Machine Learning is more than hype. The technology is all around us, when we search the web or shop online, even when we drive. It’s also embedded in common DC technology solutions – including the speech recognition used in voice-directed picking systems. Now, Machine Learning is poised to tackle a range of warehouse planning and optimization challenges.
This fast-paced 20-minute Webinar gives operations, engineering and IT professionals an introduction to Machine Learning technology, and explains how it can be used to improve warehouse operations.
What You Will Learn
- What is Machine Learning and where is it used today?
- How can it be used to improve warehouse operations?
- How can DCs get started with Machine Learning?