At Lucas Systems, we make the extra effort to find hidden improvement opportunities other providers might miss, and we actively look for creative optimization solutions to deliver the best possible results for your distribution center.
Our solutions feature Jennifer™, the brain, voice, and orchestration engine that drives performance improvement gains. Jennifer™ incorporates a variety of AI, machine learning and other technologies that are used to optimize and orchestrate warehouse operations.
We follow a consultative implementation approach led by warehouse optimization experts with over 23 years of accumulated operations expertise and process innovation. Additionally, our solutions incorporate hundreds of thousands of person-years of user experience.
1) In 1998, we introduced hardware independent voice directed warehousing applications featuring Jennifer™.
2) Introduced voice-directed bucket brigade picking in 2003.
3) First company to deploy voice-directed solutions on multi-modal mobile devices in 2005, allowing the seamless combination of voice, scanning and screens.
4) Introduced a variable check string validation in 2008.
5) First to adopt Android in 2014 – a full five years ahead of traditional voice providers.
6) Only dual speech engine technology available on the market that interprets associates spoken responses, in multiple languages, regardless of accents and background noise.
7) Introduced AI-based smart batching and pick path optimization in 2017.
8) In 2020, we became the first company to deploy voice applications on smartwatches.
9) Introduced machine learning based tools for dynamic slotting and predictive workforce planning in 2021.
At Lucas, we don’t just talk about warehouse experience: every person who works at Lucas spends time in a DC to see how our solutions impact managers, supervisors and hourly workers.
Since 1998, we have worked with hundreds of companies - Fortune 50 manufacturers, mid-sized retailers, and single-site distributors - with a single focus on ensuring they get the business results they expect from our solutions. We don't measure the success of our projects by simply meeting a specification or requirement, but by delivering tangible operational improvements that justify our customers' trust in us as their partner.
We're firm believers in the benefits of speech recognition technology to improve warehouse efficiency, but we recognize that there are places where other technologies are more appropriate. That's a big reason we start every project by looking at our customers' business and distribution processes and keep an open mind to considering how other data capture and automation technologies may be better for a given task. We don't think our customers should settle for a sub-optimal solution.
We are experts in applying and optimizing speech recognition in industrial environments, but there are bigger companies with far deeper pockets investing hundreds of millions of dollars in core speech recognition technology for consumer and industrial applications. Rather than developing our own speech recognition engine, we use industry-best, third-party recognition algorithms. We surround the core engine with additional Lucas technology designed to optimize performance in the DC. This reliance on third-party technology gives us the flexibility and freedom to adopt new recognition technologies as the state-of-the-art evolves. Likewise, we have never been a hardware device manufacturer - there are plenty of big companies that do that and do it very well. Instead of recreating the wheel, we leverage these industry-best, third-party products. Ultimately, this is better for customers. They get more choices and better products available at market prices.