Foodservice, Grocery, and Convenience
Food DCs across all market segments are facing challenges to increase efficiency and accuracy, while simultaneously taking steps to improve product traceability. New competitors and new ecommerce delivery models are putting pressure on already-slim margins. Foodservice distributors face unique product traceabilty requirements that threaten to increase costs.
Lucas helps food producers, grocers, convenience stores, and foodservice distributors meet these challenges with innovative solutions that improve DC productivity, accuracy and efficiency. Unlike traditional voice-enablement solutions, we help you transform operations by leveraging next-generation optimization software and mobile technologies.
Order Selection Efficiency, Product Traceability and More
Lucas Work Execution Software solutions allow you to optimize picking and other hands-on processes without changing your WMS. Our software gives managers real-time insight to better manage their operations, and allows workers to utilize scanning and display information alongside voice to make work easier, faster, and more accurate. For foodservice distributors, we offer Lucas FoodSelect, with pre-configured picking, loading and GS1-Foodservice compliant traceability tools.
- Reduce Errors by 50 percent or more.
- Improve Selector Productivity an average of 36%
- GS1 Ready. Capture item numbers (GTIN), lot, catchweight, date and other product data in real-time
- Eliminate Clerical Time and reduce manual key entry, label printing, etc.
- Reduce Waste by eliminating paper and minimizing printing
- Reduce Claims and streamline delivery check-in with accurate load maps.
- Improve Inventory Accuracy
- Eliminate Loading Errors
- Improve Safety with voice-directed equipment and HACCP inspections
- Order Selection, Receiving, Putaway, Replenishment, and Truck Loading
- Reduce Audit Time without sacrificing quality by better targeting your audit resources
- Minimize Errors and Data Entry using a mobile QC application on a tablet or other device
- Improve Accountability with real-time reporting and error tracking
Ace Endico Case Study
Read how this regional foodservice distributor improved productivity and accuracy when moving from RF to Lucas FoodSelect.
Eby Brown Case Study
“Far and away, it’s the best decision I ever made and the best product I ever brought in. This thing paid for itself in less than a year,” says Chris Timmons, EVP.