Lucas Systems, conveniently located at The Columbia Centre in Bracknell across the street from train and bus stations and a 5-minute walk from the new Lexicon centre, is looking to expand its global team. Seasoned pros, as well as mid-level candidates meeting the minimum qualifications below, will be considered for our growing team.
Would you like to immerse yourself in an environment working amongst a team of bright and talented software engineers, creating high quality solutions in a well-established and continually growing software company? As a member of the Lucas Project Engineering Team, you could be doing just that!
At Lucas, you will be responsible for: designing, developing, documenting, and supporting major components of customer project implementations as well as the next generation of Lucas’ software products. Technologies include software that runs on a variety of leading-edge mobile devices from Zebra, Bluebird, Unitech, Samsung, Etc.
Challenging work that will keep you interested:
The skilled Software Engineer will be involved, at varying degrees, in the following:
• Designing and developing software using MS Visual Studio, C#, .NET and UI technologies such Angular and HTML5;
• Designing and developing database components and software modules for Lucas’ software products;
• Extending MS Windows services, IIS, and multi-threaded server and mobile client applications;
• Designing and developing host interfaces using various transfer methods (e.g., socket, XML, FTP, JSON etc.);
• Debugging and tuning of applications using Visual Studio, Profiler, and various in-house tools;
• Assisting Lucas’ software services/support team with troubleshooting and developing fixes and enhancements for existing client deployments
At the Senior level:
• Working with Lucas Project Managers and customers to gather requirements as well as Product Managers to build a stronger product offering; working directly with Lucas’ customers to gather requirements and design functional specifications to provide unique solutions that increase efficiency and solve operational challenges;
• Serving sometimes as the technical lead for customer projects, supervising other engineers to meet both internal and external expectations;
• Developing architecture diagrams and software specifications;
• Assisting in the creation of system specifications, systems installations and customer training;
• Coordinating and conducting user testing and training;
• Developing prototypes for R&D evaluation; and
• Evaluating new software tools.
What skills you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline together with a minimum of 3+ years of related practical software engineering experience is required.
• Object-oriented programming (preferably C#.NET) and database skills (preferably SQL Server).
• Experience with Visual Studio, MVC, Angular, Message Queues, and Mobile Applications preferred.
• Commitment to producing high quality, well-designed and flexible applications.
• Solid troubleshooting, analytical, and organisational skills with attention to detail.
• Dedication to collaborative working style and desire to learn and adopt new technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel occasionally (up to 15% applicable for Tech Leads).
Additional valued experience:
Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) or other supply chain software solutions; systems that include mobile devices; Android development; microservices based software.