News, Events and More
Perfect Order Webinars
Sign up for our mailing list to learn about future Perfect Order Webinars – enter your email in the form at the top of this page.
Watch the replay of this fast paced presentation that describes how you can reduce travel 30-70% in your DC with mathematical tools and artificial intelligence. Get your replay!
Previous Perfect Order Webinars explored Machine Learning As a New Tool To Improve Warehouse Management, looked at ways to improve workflow and efficiency by Bridging The Gaps In Your WMS, and other important topics. Use the link below to access all of our on-demand replays.
Lucas in the News
Productivity dropped by 7.6 percent in the warehousing and storage industry last year, according to a news release issued May 23 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Digging deeper into the numbers shows that the government figures don’t paint an accurate picture of what is happening in the warehousing and distribution space. In fact, the apparent decline in productivity is a function of the increasing share of ecommerce orders flowing out of warehouses and DCs, rather than a true reflection of labor productivity rates. Here’s why.
The industry is moving toward shrinking form factors for devices, especially in voice-directed applications. In fact, some customers are now working to use Lucas’ technology on a smart watch. If users seldom need a screen, a smart watch’s processing power, memory and Wi-Fi connectivity make it a fit for a stand-alone device.
In addition to AS/RS, sortation and other automation, BreakThru Beverage, Martignetti and other wine and spirits distributors rely on Lucas voice and mobile work execution software to help warehouse employees work faster, better and smarter. Read more…
Healthcare distributor, Medline is using the Zebra’s TC51 Android-based industrial computer and the Lucas Move mobile application for optimized voice-directed picking. Read more…
January 13, 2020
Lucas Certifies Bluebird Mobile Computers For Voice Directed Applications in Stores and Distribution Centers
Lucas has certified the Bluebird EF401 and EF501 Android mobile computers for use with Lucas Move voice directed picking applications featuring Jennifer Voice. Lucas is joining Bluebird at the NRF Big Show in New York this week.
February 8, 2019
Lucas Certifies Full Range of Zebra Android Mobile Computers For Voice Picking And Warehouse Operations
Lucas has certified four Android devices from Zebra Technologies – the TC2x, TC5x, MC3300, and WT6000 – that meet the needs of warehouses seeking to upgrade legacy voice picking systems or to implement voice directed warehouse solutions for the first time.
- What Is A Warehouse Execution System?A warehouse execution system is software that manages, optimizes and directs the physical work processes (picking, receiving, replenishment, etc.) in a warehouse or distribution center. A WES typically integrates with a warehouse management system (WMS), enterprise resource planning system (ERP) or other inventory management software. Warehouse execution systems have been around in various forms since the early 2000s. They provide DCs with flexible and efficient material handling processes […]
- What Is Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence?The concept of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been around since the 1950s, but the use of AI to improve warehouse and DC operations is still in its infancy. Nevertheless, AI is expected to have a growing role in warehouse management over the next five years. This article answers the question What is Machine Learning, and is intended to help operations, engineering and IT executives understand what they need to know about this emerging technology. How Machine Learning Relates To AI Artificial […]
- Machine Learning Will Make Warehouse Managers More ProductiveReal-world uses of AI in business have exploded in the past decade, but few of those applications are focused on warehousing and distribution. That is changing as companies like Lucas introduce machine learning tools to improve planning and decision-making in the DC. These new tools will free time for managers and engineers, making them more productive and their DCs more efficient and effective. This article provides an introduction to machine learning for warehouse managers. New AI/machine […]
- The ROI Of Autonomous Mobile Robots In Your DCLabor productivity is critical to DCs that are struggling to hire and retain workers amid tight labor markets and growing ecommerce orders. Companies that can’t hire enough workers to fill all of their open positions are turning to autonomous mobile robots, or AMRs. As a result, AMRs are the leading trend in warehouse automation and technology. But many distribution executives are uncertain about the ROI of autonomous mobile robots. A previous Lucas blog introduced the five principal […]
- Autonomous Mobile Robots For The WarehouseAutonomous mobile robots, or AMRs, are the latest trend in warehouse automation. Ecommerce companies, traditional retailers, and 3PLs view AMRs as a key technology to rein in the high labor costs associated with ecommerce fulfillment. This article describes five different applications and types of AMRs used in the distribution center. While these new warehouse AMRs have far lower capital costs than traditional warehouse automation, they are by no means low-cost solutions. We are planning a […]