News, Events and More
Read articles about Lucas and our customers, meet Lucas Systems at industry events and seminars, and hear about new product, solution, and technology trends. To make sure you’re always up-to-date on the latest news and events, subscribe to our monthly newsletter by providing your business email in the form at right.Sign Up For Monthly Updates:
Perfect Order Webinars
Sign up for our mailing list to learn about future Perfect Order Webinars – enter your email in the form at the top of this page.
Register for our upcoming webinar to see how DCs are ramping up ecommerce shipments to efficiently respond to a surge in online orders, while also keeping workers safe amid Covid-19. Register Now!
Previous Perfect Order Webinars explored ways to Reduce DC Travel 30-70% using AI-based patch and batch optimization, Machine Learning As a New Tool To Improve Warehouse Management, looked at ways to improve workflow and efficiency by Bridging The Gaps In Your WMS, and other important topics. Use the link below to access all of our on-demand replays.
Lucas in the News
Productivity dropped by 7.6 percent in the warehousing and storage industry last year, according to a news release issued May 23 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Digging deeper into the numbers shows that the government figures don’t paint an accurate picture of what is happening in the warehousing and distribution space. In fact, the apparent decline in productivity is a function of the increasing share of ecommerce orders flowing out of warehouses and DCs, rather than a true reflection of labor productivity rates. Here’s why.
The industry is moving toward shrinking form factors for devices, especially in voice-directed applications. In fact, some customers are now working to use Lucas’ technology on a smart watch. If users seldom need a screen, a smart watch’s processing power, memory and Wi-Fi connectivity make it a fit for a stand-alone device.
In addition to AS/RS, sortation and other automation, BreakThru Beverage, Martignetti and other wine and spirits distributors rely on Lucas voice and mobile work execution software to help warehouse employees work faster, better and smarter. Read more…
Healthcare distributor, Medline is using the Zebra’s TC51 Android-based industrial computer and the Lucas Move mobile application for optimized voice-directed picking. Read more…
March 9th, 2020
Lucas Announces an Enterprise Analytics Solution (Lucas Insight) For Warehouse Operations
Lucas has introduced a new Enterprise Analytics solution (Lucas Insight) at MODEX 2020 (Booth #9619). Lucas Insight provides supply chain executives with real-time trend analysis and insights into key performance indicators across their distribution networks. Lucas Insight improves planning and performance by allowing supply chain leaders to view KPIs across sites, and to identify trends and troubleshoot issues.
January 13, 2020
Lucas Certifies Bluebird Mobile Computers For Voice Directed Applications in Stores and Distribution Centers
Lucas has certified the Bluebird EF401 and EF501 Android mobile computers for use with Lucas Move voice directed picking applications featuring Jennifer Voice. Lucas is joining Bluebird at the NRF Big Show in New York this week.
February 8, 2019
Lucas Certifies Full Range of Zebra Android Mobile Computers For Voice Picking And Warehouse Operations
Lucas has certified four Android devices from Zebra Technologies – the TC2x, TC5x, MC3300, and WT6000 – that meet the needs of warehouses seeking to upgrade legacy voice picking systems or to implement voice directed warehouse solutions for the first time.
- Getting The Most Out of Robots in Your Distribution CenterA recent research report performed by ABI Research concluded there will be more than 4 million commercial robots installed in 50,000 warehouses by 2025. Ecommerce orders will continue to put stress […]
- Six Ways To Improve Store-Based FulfillmentLessons Retailers Can Learn From Their Distribution Centers The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated ecommerce in many retail segments, driving tremendous growth of store-based fulfillment of online […]
- What Is A Warehouse Execution System?A warehouse execution system is software that manages, optimizes and directs the physical work processes (picking, receiving, replenishment, etc.) in a warehouse or distribution center. A WES […]
- What Is Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence?The concept of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been around since the 1950s, but the use of AI to improve warehouse and DC operations is still in its infancy. Nevertheless, AI is expected to have a […]
- Machine Learning Will Make Warehouse Managers More ProductiveReal-world uses of AI in business have exploded in the past decade, but few of those applications are focused on warehousing and distribution. That is changing as companies like Lucas introduce […]