News, Events and More
Where: World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia
When: March 9-12, 2020
Perfect Order Webinars
Sign up for our mailing list to learn about future Perfect Order Webinars – enter your email in the form at the top of this page.
Watch the replay of this fast paced presentation that describes how you can reduce travel 30-70% in your DC with mathematical tools and artificial intelligence. Get your replay!
Previous Perfect Order Webinars explored Machine Learning As a New Tool To Improve Warehouse Management, looked at ways to improve workflow and efficiency by Bridging The Gaps In Your WMS, and other important topics. Use the link below to access all of our on-demand replays.
Lucas in the News
Productivity dropped by 7.6 percent in the warehousing and storage industry last year, according to a news release issued May 23 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Digging deeper into the numbers shows that the government figures don’t paint an accurate picture of what is happening in the warehousing and distribution space. In fact, the apparent decline in productivity is a function of the increasing share of ecommerce orders flowing out of warehouses and DCs, rather than a true reflection of labor productivity rates. Here’s why.
The industry is moving toward shrinking form factors for devices, especially in voice-directed applications. In fact, some customers are now working to use Lucas’ technology on a smart watch. If users seldom need a screen, a smart watch’s processing power, memory and Wi-Fi connectivity make it a fit for a stand-alone device.
In addition to AS/RS, sortation and other automation, BreakThru Beverage, Martignetti and other wine and spirits distributors rely on Lucas voice and mobile work execution software to help warehouse employees work faster, better and smarter. Read more…
Healthcare distributor, Medline is using the Zebra’s TC51 Android-based industrial computer and the Lucas Move mobile application for optimized voice-directed picking. Read more…
January 13, 2020
Lucas Certifies Bluebird Mobile Computers For Voice Directed Applications in Stores and Distribution Centers
Lucas has certified the Bluebird EF401 and EF501 Android mobile computers for use with Lucas Move voice directed picking applications featuring Jennifer Voice. Lucas is joining Bluebird at the NRF Big Show in New York this week.
February 8, 2019
Lucas Certifies Full Range of Zebra Android Mobile Computers For Voice Picking And Warehouse Operations
Lucas has certified four Android devices from Zebra Technologies – the TC2x, TC5x, MC3300, and WT6000 – that meet the needs of warehouses seeking to upgrade legacy voice picking systems or to implement voice directed warehouse solutions for the first time.
- How To Extend The Life Of A Legacy Warehouse Management System (Infographic)Upgrading Warehouse Management Systems Warehouses and distribution centers face tremendous pressure to adapt their operations to meet changing customer and market demands. To meet the demands, DCs are investing in new technologies and simultaneously developing renewal strategies for their current legacy technology systems and infrastructure, especially their legacy warehouse management systems (WMS). DCs using legacy WMS systems have more options than ever when thinking about their future […]
- Order Picking Bucket Brigades – An IntroductionOrder picking bucket brigades are a way of organizing workers and orchestrating work in a warehouse pick module. The bucket brigade process balances workflow and distributes work evenly amongst the pickers, maximizing productivity and throughput. Top-performing bucket brigades typically use voice picking technology. Pick Module Processes Many DCs install high velocity pick modules for their fastest-moving products. In most pick modules, the products are packed densely in flow racks with a […]
- Two Stage Picking | Doubling Productivity For Slow Moving Items In A WarehouseThe rise of ecommerce and consumer expectations of next day shipping has increased the number of warehousing jobs, but not the amount of capable workers available to fill them. In the current labor market, warehouse management teams are looking for any way to reduce their reliance on increasingly hard-to-hire hourly associates. Much of this focus is on improving the productivity of order picking, since this typically accounts for 50 percent or more of total warehouse labor. Two stage picking […]
- What Does A Warehouse Management System Do?A warehouse management system (WMS) is a software solution that manages inventory and operations in warehouses and distribution centers (DC). WMS functionality can be divided into three general categories: Inventory Management Work Execution Reporting […]
- What To Do With An Old Warehouse Management SystemBuying a new warehouse management system to replace an existing ERP, host, or legacy WMS is not always the best way to improve warehouse operations. The example of Baptist Health South Florida shows why. The operations team at Baptist Health South Florida faced a dilemma. The inventory management system provided by their ERP was more than adequate, but they needed better warehouse management tools to improve efficiency, accuracy and customer service. First they considered buying a new warehouse […]