What Are the Benefits?
Manual warehouse execution systems, like the Warehouse Optimization Suite, empower companies to meet new market demands by setting new standards for employee productivity and accuracy, improving management effectiveness and evolving with businesses.
1) Maximize productivity and throughput – Reduce travel and maximize productivity with AI-based travel optimization (Intelligent batching and path optimization). These AI optimization tools enable warehouses to get more products out the door with the same amount of people, helping distributors overcome the current labor shortage.
2) Increase worker efficiency and morale – Easy to use multi-modal mobile applications help make work for warehouse workers easier, faster and more fun. These mobile applications improve the mechanics of hands-on task by utilizing voice direction, speech recognition, barcode scanning, display technology and other mobile technologies.
3) Reduce training time- Reduce time spent training and onboarding new warehouse workers with intelligent voice systems that utilizes speech recognition technology that doesn’t require voice training.
4) Optimize people and robots- Optimize the productivity of people and robots by coordinating work simultaneously with intelligent work orchestration.
5) Optimize inventory- Place inventory in the most efficient slots (reducing travel time) with dynamic slotting. These dynamic slotting solutions utilize AI-based algorithms to enable managers to make efficient slotting moves in advance of changing conditions.
6) Increase accuracy – Increase accuracy rates to 99.99% with efficient pick and put validations (checkstrings) and optimized audit criteria.
7) Extend current systems – Reuse and extend current system capabilities (ERP, WMS, WCS, LMS, etc.).
8) Improve worker safety- Improve worker safety with hands and eyes free voice-directed applications. Operations that add voice solution typically see a decrease in accidents.
9) Minimize labor – Minimize labor with predictive workforce planning.
10) Improve manager effectiveness – Improve manager effectiveness with a management dashboard the provides manager real-time visibility and control of operations.
Is a Warehouse Execution Solution Right For You?
To help warehouses and DCs conceptualize their own optimal process – and to begin to further evaluate execution solutions and estimate end-state productivity and accuracy gains –Lucas offers an operations assessment service.
The purpose of the assessment is to identify specific opportunities in your facility where improvements can be made with warehouse optimization solutions.
Many of the process improvement ideas that come out of the assessment will involve the application of new technologies (voice, scanning and device displays, etc.) in a new user workflow, along with other optimization technologies (such as batch algorithms and pick-path optimization engines). Get a free assessment today by talking to one of our warehouse experts.